At BBBSLI, we believe in the upliftment and empowerment of youth. Our RISE UP Career Mentorship Program provides young individuals with valuable guidance to help them achieve their professional goals. We have started this job mentoring program to foster a positive attitude and instill professional values into LITTLES.
Our Career Mentorship Program aims to partner mentees with mentors who can provide adequate guidance. We help teens understand their interests and explore career options in the field of their choice. Job mentoring is an effort to improve one’s life by making them self-sufficient.
‘RISE UP’ – Career Mentorship Program for Teens
Career mentorship programs are essential for teens. This is because of the personalized experience and one-on-one guidance. Mentors can have a significant impact on mentees and help them in emotional and psychological development. Our RISE UP career mentoring program at BBBSLI was created to provide teens with job mentoring holistically.
By interacting with mentors, mentees develop better communication and social skills. The program also helps mentees understand their interests better. Our career mentorship program also utilizes an extensive network to help mentees find internships and job opportunities. We work with the aim to instil a positive attitude and mentees and are dedicated to our cause to help them grow in life.
Our Approach to Job Mentoring
We have a holistic towards career mentoring. We consider various aspects before deciding on a mentor and are mindful of the impact we create on the mind of mentees.
- Understanding Mentees and their Interests – Our focus is always on understanding the needs of an individual before we partner them up with a mentor. We pair a teen facing adversity with a nurturing mentor to help them foster self-confidence. We aim to provide them with emotional support to help them identify their interests and explore them further.
- Gathering Resources – We use our network of mentors to gather information and resources which can be used for the well-being of our LITTLES. Our mentors meet with a mentee at least twice a month for 2-4 hours. During this time, they bond with each other through different activities. This is an important part of our RISE UP Program, as consistent conversations help with consistent growth.
- Provide Interview Mentoring – We provide interview mentoring to our mentees to help them crack job interviews. We utilize the knowledge and expertise of our BIGS to help LITTLES prepare efficiently for interviews. Our team conducts mock interviews to help them develop confidence and communication skills.
- Comprehensive Resume Writing Tips – The RISE UP career mentorship program also helps mentees in creating a strong resume. Our mentors guide them on how to create a resume which has more chance of passing the screening process. We guide them through what to add and how to present data in the best way possible.
Mentoring for Interviews
At BBBSLI, we train our LITTLES thoroughly on how to appear in interviews. Our interview mentoring programs are designed to prepare candidates for the interview process.
- Create a Good First Impression – In interviews, first impressions are everything. They contribute significantly to whether to hire or reject a candidate. Ensure you are well-dressed and have the correct posture to create a strong impression on your first meeting with the interviewer.
- Prepare Common Questions – There is no certainty of what an interviewer might ask you. However, you should still prepare answers to some common questions, especially your introduction. Preparation never goes to waste. You can always use what you have prepared to answer any type of questions. Our job mentoring program ensures you are able to answer the majority of the questions that can potentially be asked.
- Read About the Company – Always read about the company before you go for an interview. This will help you better tailor your answers and leave a good impression on the interviewer.
- Ask Meaningful Questions – Interviews are not just about answering questions but also about asking questions. It is essential to ask meaningful and insightful questions to showcase your interest and sincerity in the job.
- Follow Up – Always, always follow up after the interview. Send a message to the interviewer thanking them for their time and sharing a little bit about your experience. This valuable tip can help increase your chances of landing the job.
Benefits of Professional Mentoring Programs
There are multiple benefits one can avail of career mentoring programs. It is exclusively for those in need and has successfully changed the lives of many. BIGS help LITTLES achieve their potential and build a life of their own.
Job mentoring programs are also useful because it helps one gain a friend. Having a friend who is older and more experienced is important to grow. Both BIGS and LITTLES can learn from each other, and this is undoubtedly a part of the beauty of this program.
- Our mentoring programs also enable one to introspect and learn more about one’s own self.
- And, of course, one of the most significant benefits of the RISE UP program is that getting engaged in it means becoming involved with BBBSLI! The various free events and activities throughout the year are part of our career mentorship program that helps the overall development of mentors and mentees.
- While the program is to benefit LITTLES, even BIGS can gain a lot of advantages and learn from the experience. It is a win-win for both!
BBBSLI welcomes BIGS and LITTLES to join our RISE UP program to help change one life at a time!