On Monday, August 10th, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island (BBBSLI) hosted their 19th Annual Golf Tournament at The Muttontown Club in East Norwich, NY. This year’s event presented by Dantona Industries, honoring Don Dantona, raised nearly $80,000 in support of mentoring on Long Island.
“All of the sponsors and golfers who joined us, enjoyed a perfect day of weather and top-notch service from the great staff at Muttontown. We are grateful to be able to honor the longtime friendship and support of Don Dantona and Dantona industries,” said Jamison Skala, Director of Development for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island.
Tournament guests began their day with an elaborate breakfast buffet on the outdoor patio, followed by time at the driving range and putting greens. Golfers enjoyed a barbecue lunch, cocktail reception, buffet dinner, awards ceremony and raffles.
During dinner, BBBSLI’s mission was brought to life as Little Brother Devin, matched with Big Brother Bob since May 2014, took the podium as the guest speaker. “Before Bob, I never had a man in my life to help push me to excel in my academics, athletics and personally. He guides and encourages me to be the best version of myself,” shared Devin.
Congratulations to this year’s tournament 1st place winners:
- Team Low Net with a Callaway-handicapped team score of 62 (-9) David Woycik, Jr., Rudy Caroleo, Rod Cooney and Mike Alleva
- Individual Low Gross with a score of 69 (-2), Robert Codignotto
In addition to thanking Dantona Industries and Don Dantona, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island would like to express appreciation to all of the golfers, supporters and sponsors including:
- Dinner Sponsor: Ike, Molly & Steven Elias Foundation
- Barbeque Lunch Sponsor: Bob Catell
- Cigar Sponsor: CHL Mortgage
- Breakfast Sponsor: James M. Conboy
- Awards Sponsor: Fat Guy Media
- Golf Cart Sponsor: Dantona Industries
- Golf Ball Sponsor: Broadridge
- Beverage Cart Sponsor: Holden & Flynn Universal Contractors, Inc.
- Putting Green Sponsor: Merrick Madmen
- Longest Drive Sponsor: DeFreitas & Minsky
- Closest to the Pin Sponsors: The Murph’s Famous Bloody Mary Mix & UTZ
Visit our Galleries page to view more photos from the event